Amazon Gift Cards

June 1, 2011

Elderly Couple

So, there I was strolling through Wal-Mart, minding my own business, when a humorous event occurred: An elderly couple was trying to decide whether to buy pretzels or potato chips. The woman had a bag of chips in her hand and said to her husband, "Let's get these. I'm tired of pretzels."

The husband replied, "Chips will gum up your dentures."

"If I keep eatin' those hard pretzels I'm gonna break my dentures!" said the wife.

"Well then," snapped her husband, "take your dentures out and suck on the pretzels!" It was obvious the old man wanted pretzels and intended to stand his ground.

The wife inquired, "Why don't you want potato chips?"

"They gum up my dentures!" he said.

"Well, take 'em out and suck on them," she responded.

The battle lines were drawn: He desired pretzels and she craved potato chips. But who would win?

I left the snacks isle and continued my shopping. Twenty minutes later I arrived at the checkout and proceeded to place my items on the conveyer belt. In line behind me I heard the familiar voices of the elderly couple.

"But I don't want to take out my dentures just to eat a few damn chips," the man stated as the dispute continued.

Without missing a beat, his wife replied, "Harold, I just remembered, we need "Poligrip®."
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're talking about my grandparents. Their names are Harold and Peggy, and they argue about food ALL THE TIME!!

    ReplyDelete